Sunday, August 14, 2005

First time for everything....

Ok, this is my first time starting a knitting blog, so bear with me if I'm a little slow to start and get pics posted and everything. I decided that this would be a great way to archive my knitting projects and thoughts about everything knitting. It's also a great way to get to know knitters from around the world, am I right?

I will try to post at least a couple times a week, but I'm in grad school and work full time, so that may not be possible all the time. My job rocks!!! I work at the most awesome yarn store ever, Knit n' Knibble, in Tampa. (I'm not at all biased.) We have had knitters from all over the world come in and say they love our store. We actually had someone come from NYC recently and said our store was better than all the ones up there. I'm just going to have to go find that out for myself though. I plan to visit a few when I go there for Thanksgiving this year.

I'm working on my MBA at University of Phoenix and will finish in May of 2006. I cannot wait!!!

A little about my knitting....I began knitting in Nov. of '03, the same day the amazing Deb Stoller was on the Today Show wearing the skully sweater. I decided I needed a hobby since I wasn't working at the time and bought the book that same day. That night I had my first scarf: of course it was the go-go garter stitch scarf. The next day I did the ribbed for her pleasure scarf and there has been no turning back since.

I'm currently working on a sweater for my wonderful hubby from Knit Wit out of Rio de la Plata. I am loving this yarn. I'm also working on branching out from Knitty, the steering wheel cover from there too and a one shoulder top from Berroco. I'm making some alterations though to fit what was in my stash.

I'm so excited about starting this blog and can't wait to see what kind of things come of it!

Please leave comments/feedback!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Beth!

Glad to have you in the knitting blog zone. Yes, you're right, now we can see what each have been up to knitting wise.

Post some of your older projects, please. I believe the last time I saw you you were working on a sweater or cardigan from the Stitch 'n Bitch book (the 2nd one, I believe).
L